Dr (Mrs) Joyce Eheme Ikubor (Head of Department)
The Radiology Department of Delta State Hospital (DELSUTH) Oghara was created in June 2010.
The Vision and Mission of the Department
Our primary mission is to provide exemplary compassionate care by delivering the most appropriate imaging, as well as advancing the frontiers of medical science through excellence in education and training, and research. The educational mission of the department has always been paramount and has catered for the academic needs of:
- Residents in radiology
- Subspecialty posting for Resident doctors outside Radiology (Internal medicine, ObS/Gyn, pediatrics, Medicine and Surgery)
- Undergraduate students
- Industrial Training (IT) for undergraduate Students
- Researchers in different imaging modalities
The department has been offering excellent radio-diagnosis inpatient care with the following radiological services :
- General Radiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography
- Ultrasonography(General, Special parts and Doppler)
- Picture Archiving Communication (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Angiography(CTA & MRA)
- Special Contrast Studies (HSG, IVU, MCUG/RUG, Barium studies, etc.)
- Mammography (Screening and Diagnostic)
The Radiology is equipped With State Of the art imaging equipment such as
- 1.5T MRI scanner
- 64 Slice CT Scanner
- Ultrasound scan machines
- Conventional Radiographic (X-ray Unit) and Mammography
All these machine help with examining the internal structures of the body.
Picture Archiving Communication (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS)
- First Teaching Hospital to adopt the use of the PACS/RIS system since 2011
- Filmless Radiology department from inception.
- Dedicated PACS team that constantly provide 24/7 support
The department of radiology has excellent facilities and a serene environment for patient care. The radiology team comprises of Consultant Radiologists, Resident Doctors, Radiographers, PACS Administrators (Scientific Officers), Radiology Nurse, Administrative Staff, Porters, and Cleaners. It is teamwork with a motto “all for one and one for all.”
Radiology Residency Program
DELSUTH Radiology Residency program encompasses vast clinical exposure, constant interactions of the Radiologists and other specialists with the residents, involvement in a highly specialized training program with an emphasis on research, seminal presentations and access to state of the art equipment and facilities.
The department has accreditation for residency training in Radiology from National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria and The West African College of Surgeons. It also has an accreditation from Radiographers Board of Nigeria for the radiography internship program.
Future Educational Training program
It is the plan of the Department to start offering Diplomas in Medical Imaging in affiliation with the Delta State University, Abraka.